Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Welcome to our class 2014-2015


     My name is Elvira Grill, and I am your child’s new teacher.  I wanted to write a short note to tell you a little about myself.

     I have been employed in the Meridian School District for nine years.  I completed my student teaching at Desert Sage Elementary School in the 1st and 5th grades.  In addition to student teaching, I worked for several years as a teacher’s assistant and in the Positive Behavior Intervention program at Hunter and Discovery Elementary Schools, working with students who are emotionally disturbed.  Through the years, I have spent a significant amount of time in a variety of classrooms working with students of all ages, although my course work was in Early Childhood Education.  I have taught both 5th and 1st grade here at Chief Joseph and am thrilled to be in my fifth year here in first grade!

     I am married and have three daughters.  They are in 5th grade, 8th grade and 11th grade.  We enjoy playing games, listening to music, swimming and just spending time together.

     A few quick notes: 

  • I encourage students to bring a healthy snack each day to eat after morning recess, as well as a water bottle to keep at their desks.
  • While I am very interested in classroom parent helpers (party planners, etc), I ask that parents give us the first few weeks to get into our routine before coming.  I will send out sign up forms for people who are interested or feel free to send me an email sooner.

     I look forward to working together with you to make this a successful year.   If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to email or call me.

    
      Thank you,

         Elvira Grill

grill.elvira@westada.org
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment